New D-PHYS LDAP servers
executive summary: you only need to read this if you run a service or tool that uses our LDAP server
A surprisingly large number of people at D-PHYS run services or use tools that connect to our LDAP server to obtain user information. If you are among those, this post is meant to inform you that our LDAP infrastructure is about to change and you need to take action in order to keep your service up and running. You can read about the details and technical background here. The situation right now is:
- The new servers are running and sync with the current master.
- We have started migrating services from the old server to the new ones.
- The old server will be turned off in 2018.
- You can now start to migrate your service / tool to the new LDAP infrastructure.
- In early 2018 we will start searching for clients that still use the old server and address them individually.
So if you’re affected, please change your LDAP connection according to the documentation or get in touch if you have any questions.