Posted by Beat Rubischon on Wednesday October 12, @08:44AM
| Microsoft Security Bulletin October 2005
from the two-months-of-work dept.
Last night Microsoft has released the Security Bulletin Summary for October, 2005.
There are 3 critical, 4 important, 2 moderate updates.
Users without automatic update activated must visit Microsoft Update to install the Security Updates.
For detailed informations see the following bulletins:
- MS05-044 Vulnerability in the Windows FTP Client Could Allow File Transfer Location Tampering (905495) - Moderate
- MS05-045 Vulnerability in Network Connection Manager Could Allow Denial of Service (905414) - Moderate
- MS05-046 Vulnerability in the Client Service for NetWare Could Allow Remote Code Execution (899589) - Important
- MS05-047 Vulnerability in Plug and Play Could Allow Remote Code Execution and Local Elevation of Privilege (905749)
- MS05-048 Vulnerability in the Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects Could Allow Remote Code Execution (901017) - Important
- MS05-049 Vulnerabilities in Windows Shell Could Allow Remote Code Execution (900725) - Important
- MS05-050 Vulnerability in DirectShow Could Allow Remote Code Execution (904706) - Critical
- MS05-051 Vulnerabilities in MSDTC and COM+ Could Allow Remote Code Execution (902400) - Critical
- MS05-052 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (896688) - Critical