Posted by Fabian Wenk on Thursday July 28, @06:15PM
| New login procedure for Docking and WLAN
from the online-from-the-Starbucks-at-Central dept.
On July 26. the login procedure for wireless and wired docking has been expanded. Now also some commercial wireless networks can be used with your NETHZ account.
For more details read below...
If you are abroad of ETH you now can use the following hotspots (WLAN access
points) directly through a VPN connection to ETH (just start your VPN
- The usage of VPN is still possible and desired
- telnet valid und ssh valid will be turned off
- http/https inside of ETH is available without validation
- If you are connecting with http/https to outside of ETH, you will first be transfered to a validation site on which you have to login with your NETHZ username and password (NETHZ WLAN / Docking Services)
- If you want to use other protocols than http/https inside and outside of ETH then you need to validate at http://enter.ethz.ch/
- At almost all WLAN hotspots of other Universities in Switzerland (Project SWITCHMobile)
- As a test operation the following commercial WLAN hotspot operators can be used:
(Don't ask: Swisscom Mobile hotspots are not available!)